Saturday, December 13, 2008

A good time to Upgrade Equipment

Before I get into my subject for today, if you haven't heard, Hugh Jackman will be hosting the Academy Awards in a few months. Hopefully he does a good job. My favorite host has been Billy Crystal.

Anyway, I thought I would tell everyone that if you haven't started looking at upgrading your home entertainment center, I say now is a perfect time to start looking into it. The prices for an HDTV have been going down, I have been seeing some rather good deals on HDTVs, not a bad time to get a big screen TV. As well, the technology of them have been improving and they are amazing, I told you a few days ago when I was at Best Buy they were playing The Dark Knight on Blu Ray and looked absolutely amazing. If I personally had more money and a good place to play it, I would have immediately bought an HDTV and a Blu Ray player.

The next thing, look at getting a Blu Ray player, it plays amazing on an HDTV, you don't have to replace all your DVDs, because a Blu Ray player will play all of your DVDs, and they even upconvert them so they play good on an HDTV. A Blu Ray itself will still provide a better picture, but DVDs will still play an amazing picture. I am just glad that format war ended back in February, when HD-DVD considered defeat. I like the fact that now when I have the money and the right place, I can just pick up a Blu Ray player, and not have to worry about the other format.

Also, if you haven't thought about it, get a surround system, which is also referred to a home theater system. They are getting down to a much better price. They really enhance the movie experience. Watching The Dark Knight is a much better experience with surround sound, actually any movie is better to watch with surround sound.

The big thing about all of the equipment that I have recommended to look at, they are dropping down in price and are much affordable than they were a few years ago. Technology improves, and prices drop, that's a good deal!

1 comment:

yvonne said...

Not sure I can upgrade now, but one day I will.