Sunday, December 7, 2008

The Dark Knight DVD and Blu-Ray


This is the week to bring home the biggest blockbuster of the summer, The Dark Knight. You can bring it home either on DVD, two disc DVD, or Blu-Ray. With HDTVs and Blu-Ray players rising, it would make sense to buy the Blu-Ray version for the higher quality, but if you haven't bought a Blu-Ray player yet, DVD is just as good too. I heard a while back that Warner Bros. was making 1 million copies of The Dark Knight on Blu-Ray with hopes that they will sell a lot of copies of it. It will be an exciting week the home entertainment format.

Also this week, the movie Horton Hears a Who comes to DVD as well. I never saw it when it was in theaters, but I heard it was pretty good. I may give that one a rental.

This week in theaters, look for the movie The Day the Earth Stood Still, a remake of the 1951 SciFi film. Has anyone seen the original? I didn't know anything about it until I heard of the remake. The remake looks interesting, so I plan to check it out. Also, the movie Nothing Like The Holidays arrives, it is another Christmas movie about a messed up family, like Four Christmases. Also, the movie Doubt arrives, I don't know much about it though. The rest of the month provides a little something for everyone. I will keep you posted on these movies.

2 comments:

Neal said...

I'm definitely getting Dark Knight in Blu-Ray. I'm also getting Horton...we saw it in theaters and loved it. I'm still trying to debate about picking up "Lost" as well. Too many good things to buy..

yvonne said...

Gotta keep Kyle away from the stores--don't want him picking up Dark Knight.

Never saw Horton, but will have to check it out.