Thursday, December 11, 2008

Dark Knight DVD great

I just watched The Dark Knight on DVD in my little home theater set up, and the movie is just as good as when I saw it in theaters. The sound is awesome, and the picture is also great. A high recommendation. Also, the Golden Globe nominations are in, and Heath Ledger has received a nomination for his role as the Joker, amazing. One step closer to an Oscar nomination, hopefully they won't pull a Richard Gere who received a Golden Globe for his performance in Chicago and didn't receive an Oscar nomination for his same role.

Also, The Dark Knight sold 3 million copies, 600,000 of them being Blu Ray.

So what is arriving on DVD the rest of this month anyway, well next week there is The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor, and Mama Mia. Traitor also arrives on DVD next Friday I believe. Also at the end of this month, Eagle Eye arrives on DVD and Blu Ray, right after Christmas. For all of the releases this Holiday Season, there is much you can buy as a Christmas Gift.

As well, much to look forward to in theaters as well.

1 comment:

yvonne said...

I hadn't heard about the Golden Globe nominations. I'm glad Heath Ledger got a nomination--I think he'll get both--he certainly deserves them.