Sunday, February 1, 2009

Lessons learned

As I told you, this past month I have been on a spending diet, in which I have only spent my money on needs. The only exceptions to wants was if I had gift cards. As I kept you informed, I did spend a little on wants, but it was bought using the gift cards that I had, so I was alright. Anyway, with the challenge over, I decided to do a little reflecting on this challenge. I have to admit, with being in college at this time and with difficult money situations, I felt that things this month weren't entirely different, except for the fact I couldn't spend cash on wants entirely, I have always tried to watch out on how much I buy. A number of reasons I do so, I like to try to hold on to a bunch of money and save it for future uses. For example, a TV isn't cheap (maybe a little bit compared to a long time ago) so I like to try to save money so I can get one some day. I feel that when I actually have the money to buy some big wants that I want, I feel I have accomplished something. I remember when I purchased the surround system, it felt like a worthwhile purchase because I put my own effort into getting it, as always I do get help, but when I have a little of my effort put into the purchase, it makes it even more valuable. I feel that there are so many great things we can buy out there, and if we learn to save our money for those things, it's great. So with that, I obviously won't be using all of my money this week, I will go to the movies but won't have to buy a whole lot that I want.

This week in DVD and Blu-Ray releases, there isn't a whole lot of excitement, except for Madagascar 2. If you haven't seen it yet, I highly recommend picking this one up this week, it is very funny.

Also, during the Super Bowl this weekend, there have been some movies previewed that are coming out this summer. There has been one for Transformers 2 and GI Joe. The Transformers one looks really good, but I am looking forward to a more full preview, since they only showed 25-30 seconds. The GI Joe one looks really cool, I am excited for that.

1 comment:

yvonne said...

Oh, you should teach that lesson to others ; )