Monday, February 23, 2009

Oscar Recap

I don't know how many of you watched the oscars last night. Overall, it was a pretty fun night. I think Hugh Jackman did a good job at hosting the oscars, and he was really funny with his opening last night. Not really too many surprises with the wins. The big change this year I was not really impressed with, for actor and actress awards given, they would have 5 different previous winners come up and then they would have each of them announce one of the nominees, and talk about how great of an actor or an actress they are. It was nice, but I miss them just playing a clip of their portrayal of the character. I thought there were very amusing moments, especially when Ben Stiller came up with Natalie Portman to announce the winner for Best Cinematography, and Ben had a beard and moustache similar to Joaquin Phoenix's a couple of weeks ago on the David Letterman show, and he was chewing gum, and simply acting the same way that Joaquin did, except I am sure Joaquin wasn't acting, but Ben sure pulled off an excellent intimidation.
I am glad Heath Ledger won the oscar for Best Supporting Actor, that was the best win, I was also glad to see that Wall-E took the oscar home for Best Animated Feature, I wish that it took home more oscars though, mainly for Best Original Screenplay, and Best Score.



Slumdog Millionaire was the big winner last night. An independant film that went from having nothing to gaining much. It looks rather interesting, I might check it out one day.

1 comment:

Yvonne said...

I really liked the way they did best actor/actress. Usually the clips they show are things I've seen in the trailers or whatever. I thought Hugh Jackman was great. I had to show Allan the clip of Joaquin so he understood Ben Stiller.

I'll wait for Slumdog Millionaire