Sunday, February 10, 2008

Special Effects

Well, I recently saw the movie "The Game Plan" I thought it was a pretty good movie. It was a little longer than it needed to be, but overall, it was well done. The Rock did a good job at being a selfish football player who only cares about himself. Like I said, I think it was a little longer than it needed to be, but I liked it.

Also, recently I went through and watched a movie that was released years ago, "Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within". The animation in that movie is incredible, it looks very realistic. It is cool to see how movie special effects have changed within the last few years. All these movies like Final Fantasy were pioneering many of these special effects that have changed the way we watch movies. I remember first watching "Pirates of the Caribbean 2: Dead Man's Chest" and thinking how incredible the computer generated characters were, like when I was looking at Davy Jones (the one with the squid-like tentacles), I wasn't too sure it it was the actor with make-up or it was computer generated. It is really cool to go back and watch these movies and see how they have changed the movie industry.

Well, "Fools Gold" was number 1 this weekend, haven't seen it, I am waiting for this weekend when Jumper comes out, I am also planning to check out The Spiderwick Chronicles, which looks like it has good potential. As well, the following weekend has Vantage Point, and Be Kind Rewind. I am sure there are other movies coming out that will be good as well.

1 comment:

yvonne said...

Yeah, it is amazing how much movies have changed over the years. I have so much trouble telling the difference between computer generated and the real thing, too.

I'm looking forward to Vantage Point. May have to check out Spiderwick Chronicles.