Monday, February 25, 2008

Oscars

Well, as all of you are aware, No Country for Old Men took home Best Picture at the oscars last night. I got to watch a bit of the ceremony last night, and it was pretty good. Unfortunately, I couldn't watch the whole thing because of some things I had last night, including some studying for my mid-term today, which went very well. There were a few surprises, but glad to see some of the movies take home some awards. I was really glad to see The Bourne Ultimatum take home the three oscars it was nominated for, which were Best Sound Editing, Best Sound Mixing, and Best Editing. I was disappointed to see Transformers lose to The Golden Compass for Best Visual Effects, I haven't seen The Golden Compass but I was really impressed with the visual effects in Transformers that I thought it would win. I was also glad to see Ratatouiee win for Best Animated Feature. Kind of hard to tell you of the other categories as I haven't watched a lot of the films that were nominated at the oscars.

Speaking of oscars, I actually saw the movie Juno this weekend, and of course it took home an oscar for Best Original Screenplay. I thought it was pretty good. I saw Vantage Point as well, and it was awesome. I highly recommend it!

1 comment:

yvonne said...

Good review of everything.

As you know, I haven't seen many of the "award winning" films either.