Thursday, July 17, 2008

The Dark Knight review



To start off, I thought The Dark Knight was amazing. It was very well put together. I really didn't know what to expect when I walked in, I had some ideas, but found myself stunned as I was watching the movie and to see the plot unravel. This movie truly is the big summer blockbuster that we have been hyping about. The movie was filled with intense situations for our heroes, even times where difficult choices had to be made.

When I first heard about Heath Ledger playing the Joker, I never really thought of how he would pull it off. His performance was amazing, shocking, terrifying, and magnificent. I have read a lot how he could get a posthumous Oscar nomination, he does deserve it, that's how great the performance was. Everyone else was great as well Christian Bale always does a good job as Bruce Wayne/Batman, along with Michael Caine as Alfred, I really liked Aaron Eckhart's performance for Harvey Dent.

I give this movie a very high recommendation, do not miss it.

2 comments:

yvonne said...

YES! I'm so glad you loved it.

I loved Heath Ledger ever since I saw him in Ten Things I Hate About You. I can't wait to see him in this part--although I sure wish it wasn't his last performance.

Hope we can go see this on Friday--will let you know what we think.

yvonne said...

Just saw the movie--Loved it. You are absolutely right about Heath Ledger's performance--AMAZING.