Friday, July 25, 2008

$300 million for Dark Knight

It is possible. This weekend, we see the releases of X Files 2 and Step Brothers, unfortunately I haven't seen any of them, I will probably check out X Files 2 later on, I haven't seen the first movie and I don't know much about the TV series. But neither look like they will take the top spot. The Dark Knight will probably be number one again this weekend, and as of Wednesday it stands at $222.1 million, so this weekend it could cross the $300 million mark, and it would have done it in 10 days, that is a big record. The movie that holds the record for reaching $300 million the fastest is Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest, which took about 16 days to reach it. The interesting part would be if it crosses $300 million this weekend, it will have crushed Iron Man's record of being number one this whole summer, and it took Iron Man basically two months to reach $300 million, and it only would take 10 days for Dark Knight to reach the top spot of the summer, as well as the year.

1 comment:

Neal said...

I did my part to push it over $300M - we went and saw it tonight.