Monday, January 26, 2009

Planet Earth Blu-Ray


I have stayed true to my family challenge, but still had some money left on my Best Buy gift card, so I decided to buy Planet Earth on Blu-Ray. When I got a Blu-Ray player for Christmas, this was one of the Blu-Ray sets that everyone kept recommending me to get, so I finally decided the price was decent and I bought it. I have only watched one episode off it, and part of another, and it looks absolutely amazing. The picture quality is incredible, detail is stunning. This series was shot with High Definition cameras, and therefore, it's like it was made for Blu-Ray and HDTVs. When you watch it on an HDTV and on Blu-Ray, you will be wowed. They usually have a demo of it playing at Best Buy.

As for Box Office news this weekend, Paul Blart stayed on top of the box office status. Kind of shocked, I haven't seen it yet, but I really wasn't expecting it to reach number one in a weekend for box office stats. Of course, the oscar nominated films started earning a little more revenue this weekend, Slumdog Millionaire reached number 5, and the Curious Case of Benjamin Button reached number 9. Not too bad.

1 comment:

yvonne said...

I'm glad you got it and I knew you would enjoy it.

I've heard mixed reviews on that movie--don't get sucked into seeing it just because it's #1.