Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Historic Day


As you are all aware now, President Obama is now our 44th President of the United States of America. I am sure many of you watched the inauguration, I watched a bit of it. I have to admit, he was not my first choice, however, I realize with him being elected as our president marks an important day in history, we now have a black president, which marks a big step for us as a nation. I hope he does well as our president.

In other news, Oscar nominations are announced this Thursday. Hopefully you all tune in for that. As well, they are re-releasing The Dark Knight in select theaters this Friday, mainly to grab everyone's attention before the Oscars. I am sure many of you have a DVD or Blu-Ray copy so probably won't need to go to the theater, but of course if any of you want to see it on the IMAX screen, then this is your chance. Inkheart also arrives in theaters this week, which looks really good.

I have found some pretty good deals on Blu-Ray in the last few days. It is great. Of course, I am still part of the family challenge, but that doesn't include gift cards which I had. I got Entrapment for $15 and Iron Man for $17, great deals! Plus, I still have a lot to use, but will try to save them for another month when more good stuff comes out. Iron Man is great on Blu-Ray, detail of course is excellent.

1 comment:

yvonne said...

Great job on finding some good deals and for sticking with the challenge.

It was a pretty historic day!!!!