Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Summer winding down

Only two more weekends till the summer is over. This has been a really good summer for movies. This weekend we see the release of The House Bunny, The Longshots, and also today we saw the release of the movie The Rocker. I haven't heard too much on The Rocker, but should be pretty funny, with Dwight from The Office in it. We will have to see what performs well this weekend.


Next weekend, we see the release of Traitor, Babylon A.D., and Disaster Movie. Out of all of them, I am looking forward to Traitor the most. Don Cheadle, Jeff Daniels, and Guy Pearce star in it. The next I want to see is Babylon A.D., looks like it has potential, stars Vin Diesel.
I am not looking forward to Disaster Movie though, looks like a disaster.


As well, expect a good number of DVD releases this fall and winter. Iron Man comes out on DVD September 30, Indiana Jones comes out October 14. Sleeping Beauty on DVD again October 7. Also, we are expecting soon details on the DVD release of Wall-E, which should be November 18, and rumors of The Dark Knight coming out on DVD early December. I will be posting shortly a list of all the major DVD releases coming out the next 4 months, whether they are confirmed or rumored.


Speaking of DVDs, I recently checked out the straight to DVD release of the movie "Get Smart: Bruce and Lloyd Out of Control", in case no one knows what it is, it is a spin off movie from this summer's movie "Get Smart", it shows the adventures of the two tech geeks that would work on the gadgets like the fly robot at the beginning, they are also friends of Max. Anyway, this movie follows their own adventure in trying to get one of their experiments out of the wrong hands, I have to admit it was pretty funny, definitely nowhere as funny as the movie "Get Smart". Don't see this movie till you have seen the movie "Get Smart" first. Recommended for anyone that wouldn't mind checking it out, and for anyone that liked Bruce and Lloyd.

Besides the little DVD schedule I will give, I will also give a recap on the movies that I saw this summer, and what I thought of them. Check back soon.

1 comment:

yvonne said...

I'm looking forward to Traitor. I am a huge Don Cheadle fan, and I think it should be good. (At least I'm sure hoping ; )