Thursday, August 14, 2008

Star Wars - The Clone Wars review

I had the opportunity to view Star Wars - The Clone Wars last night. I didn't have any real expectations for this one. After viewing it, I didn't think it was that bad. But I will say this, I don't think it is something you necessarily need to rush to see in the theaters. It was kind of weird watching this because it felt like a TV movie. This movie was made to help bring in the new computer animated TV show coming this Fall, hence why the characters are all computer animated in this one. It was still fun to watch, but I would only recommend this one to the hardcore Star Wars fan.


I also got to watch the movie Journey to the Center of the Earth in 3D. It has been out for a month, finally decided to see it. I actually found it entertaining. A lot of neat special effects. Having 3D glasses kind of bugged me, but was still fun. I do recommend it, especially for families.

Well, the summer is winding down, only three more weekends. On the last weekend, I will give a quick review of the summer and all the movies I watched over the course of the summer.

As well, I don't know of any new DVD releases that seem to excite everyone this week. But just to let any of you know if you are interested, The Nightmare Before Christmas will be re-released on DVD on August 26.

Speaking of DVDs, I just watched Toy Story last night, and it has been a while since I last watched it. It was interesting to watch the animation and remembering how amazing it was when it first came out in 1995. But even more interesting is to see how much computer animation has really advanced. It is so amazing what technology can do.

1 comment:

yvonne said...

I had no desire to see this movie.

I'm glad you got to see Journey to the Center of the Earth. I felt the same way about the glasses--wish they could come up with glasses easier to wear.