Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Summer coming to a close

Well, we only have one month till the summer season for movies is over. We have some movies coming out that might attract some attention. First of all this week, we have GI Joe. It should be one of those movies that will be fun to watch. I am looking forward to it for that reason. We also have Julie and Julia, and A Perfect Getaway. Next week, there is the release of Ponyo, which is Hayao Miyazaki's latest movie, it will be a limited release, and hopefully it will play in a theater near where I am, hopefully where I work. Also, there is District 9, from the preview, it doesn't look like it will be very big, but I have read part of one review which simply said that it's not what you are expecting at all, that it will blow your mind. I guess we will see when it's released next week.

As for DVD and Blu-Ray today, there are some big releases, like Race to Witch Mountain and The Soloist. I recommend checking out both. And if you are looking for any good Blu-Ray movies to show off or watch, I rented The Bourne Ultimatum, and it was amazing. I highly recommend it.

As far as fall is concerned for movies, there are some that look like they will be good. There is 9, which is done by Tim Burton, and it looks awesome, I can't wait for that. There will also be Where the Wild Things Are, which also looks good, and there are others that could be surprise hits.

2 comments:

Neal said...

I just watched "The Tale of Despereaux" on Blu-Ray...it was beautiful! I rented it from Netflix, but I'm going to buy it.

Yvonne said...

I'm sure you're sorry to see summer coming to a close for several reasons ; )

I want to rent The Soloist. Looking forward to G.I. Joe.