Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Sorry for no recent updates

Sorry for the lack of updates. I have seen a couple of really good movies lately though. First of all, I saw 500 Days of Summer. I don't know how many of you have heard of it, it's a small indie film, but it is excellent. The actors are great in their performances, one of them is Joseph Gordon-Levitt, he has been in many things in the past, he was the kid in Angels in the Outfield, he was also in 10 Things I Hate About You, and recently he was in GI Joe. He has done a lot of things, and he is very talented. This is one of those must see movies.

Another one I saw was Ponyo, if you don't know what that is, it is a Hayao Miyazaki film, who is very big in Japan, some of the films he has done are Howl's Moving Castle, Spirited Away, and Princess Mononoke. This is another one of those films I would rank as a classic, it was very well done. Very fun to watch and see how the story unfolds, of course it has the unusual stuff like you see in his other movies, which makes it fun to watch. I highly recommend it.

As the summer wraps, you may wonder what lies ahead, well, coming shortly, there will be a preview for James Cameron's Avatar which comes out in December. I think the trailer should hit the web tomorrow. Also, they will be playing a 16 minute preview for the movie in IMAX this weekend. Also, if you want to know what Christopher Nolan has been up to since The Dark Knight, we should be getting a trailer for his new movie (no, not Batman 3, even though I am sure he is planning to work on that next) which is called Inception. I don't know a whole lot about it, but we will all find out this weekend when the trailer is released. Look for some pretty good trailers this weekend, at least they should be.

Oh yeah, as far as DVD releases go, The Last Starfighter hits it's 25th Anniversary, so a new DVD and a Blu-Ray release arrives in stores, if you haven't watched it in a while, I recommend checking it out.

6 comments:

Yvonne said...

Thanks--maybe we'll see 500 Days of Summer when we come down.

ShEiLa said...

Happy Birthday BRENT!!!

I found out about your birthday from your Mother's blog. She is the greatest person I have never met... only in blogland... and I love her.

So since you are her son...
I figured you must be extra special and then she mentioned that you love movies and have a blog that gives reviews... that sealed the deal. I had to come by your blog and tell you that we have something in common.

I love movies!!! (no blog about them though) I am going to link you at Somebody Loved so I can see what is new and worth watching.

ToOdLeS.

Macy said...

Hope you have a wonderful birthday, Brent!

aurora said...

Happy Birthday Brent!!! You don't know me, but I am one of your mom's bloggy friends.

Sheri said...

Have a fabulous day... again from one of your mom's blog friends! Great blog by the way...

Nancy Face said...

Happy birthday Brent! I met you and your mom last year when you were in Mesa! :)