Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen IMAX poster


As you may or may not know, Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen will not only be released in traditional theaters, it will also be released in IMAX theaters as well. There are a few sequences that were filmed with IMAX cameras, just like The Dark Knight. So, of course, here is a recommendation to go for the biggest screen possible. It comes out in a month, I am so excited.

This weekend, two movies make it out to the theaters, Disney and Pixar's Up, and Drag Me to Hell, a horror movie directed by Sam Raimi. I am really excited for Up, it looks great. I love Pixar's movies, I just watched A Bug's Life last night, so funny.

As for DVDs this week, I don't know of many great releases to jump up and down for just yet. If you like anime, particularly Ghost in the Shell, the director of the first movie, Mamoru Oshii, has released Sky Crawlers. It looks interesting, I plan to check it out sometime. There is also Forever Strong, which is a football movie if you like those. There are some other releases, like New in Town.

Speaking of DVDs, There is a website called Good Movies Online, which takes popular movies and takes out the sex and nudity, language, and really graphic violence. It is going out of business and they are having a little sale before they are done, so if you want movies without that kind of content, check it out before it's gone, they do a good job editing the movie.

1 comment:

Yvonne said...

I'm excited to see Transformers as well. (Not sure I'll see it in IMAX though.