Monday, January 14, 2008

School!!

Well, I am starting my second week of school this semester. I am enjoying all of my classes so far. But here I will be reflecting on an assignment that I was given in one of my classes. I was to read a document called "Careers in Business" and I have gained many aspects on how technology and computers are very important in each occupation that we would choose in business. I was looking up jobs for Marketing and I saw that each job requires computer skills or IT skills. One of the IT skills I saw was Desktop Publishing Software. IT skills are very important in the business world, and they have definitely made our lives easier. This also links how computers have changed the way movies are made. They have improved film making.

Speaking of movies, as many are aware, "Cloverfield" opens up this weekend. It should be very interesting to see how it does at the box office. I remember when I first saw the teaser trailer before the movie "Transformers" and there was no title attached to it, and I thought "that's weird," not thinking it had to do with their marketing campaign. Not revealing too much of a movie before it is released can go either way, so it should be interesting to see how this movie does.

1 comment:

yvonne said...

Great job. I hope you have another fabulous semester.

I don't know much about that new movie. I think you're absolutely right about the marketing. It makes such a huge difference.