Friday, January 18, 2008

Cloverfield!

Okay, I just got back from seeing the movie "Cloverfield" and I have to say that they have done a good job with the movie. As all of you are probably aware, the movie was shot in camcorder style. Doing it that way has it's pluses and minuses. I think it is a plus because it is something that we don't see hardly at the movie theaters, but the minus is that you get the jerking around that you don't get when watching it the traditional way, and that can cause a little motion sickness. I won't say too much of the film as everyone involved has kept it a secret for a while. It is about a monster that attacks New York City. As for my recommendation, it depends on what kind of a film goer you are. If you like movies about monster invasion, don't mind terrifying moments or a few disturbing images, then you should enjoy this movie. As far as anyone else, I would say that you are fine to just skip it. Anyone that is bugged by a shaky camcorder, I am sure it won't be a big deal when it hits DVD, unless you are watching it on your big screen at home. It was a good movie though.

Now there are a few trailers that I saw of movies that I think should be very good this year. Next month, "Jumper" opens in theaters, and it looks very good. It is directed by the same director of "The Bourne Identity" and "Mr and Mrs Smith". We also got a preview for the movie "Iron Man" that debuts on May 2 of this year. I saw the preview online when it arrived on the net, and it looks like it will be a pretty good movie. I do have to say that this will be a very good year for movies, sequels to "Batman Begins", "Indiana Jones", "Chronicles of Narnia", and so many other movies that have excellent potential.

Well, have a good weekend.

1 comment:

yvonne said...

I'm glad you liked the movie. Based on what you said, I may wait for it to come on DVD.

I agree that it looks like there will be some great movies out this year.