Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Oscar Nominations

This is a day late, but I had to share some of my thoughts on the Academy Award Nominations. If you haven't seen what they are yet, follow this link.

Well, the Best Picture nominations don't surprise me, I did expect Toy Story 3 and True Grit to get the Best Picture nominations, and I have heard a lot of great things out of 127 Hours. The one that really surprised me was Christopher Nolan getting ignored for Best Director, that really shocked me, as I really think he deserved the nomination at least. For Best Support Actress, I am glad that one girl from True Grit got the nomination, she did a superb job in that movie. Jeff Bridges got an Oscar nomination for his role in True Grit, which is great. I hope Jesse Eisenberg receives the award this time for Best Actor, even though I have heard that Colin Firth did a great job in The King's Speech. Here is another disappointment, Daft Punk wasn't nominated for their work for Tron Legacy in Best Original Score, shame, even more disappointing, the visual effects for Tron Legacy weren't even nominated, but at least it was nominated for Best Sound Editing. For Visual Effects, Iron Man 2, Inception, Hereafter, Alice in Wonderland, and Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1, so they are good movies nominated for Best Visual Effects, but I don't know why Hereafter was nominated, but I never saw the movie so I can't judge, I say Inception will win. Back to Best Original Score, I do think some of the choices are great, The Social Network, Inception, and How to Train Your Dragon, I really didn't think it would get nominated, but I am glad. Those are a few of my thoughts, in about a month we shall see who will take home the Oscars.