Monday, January 17, 2011

Golden Globe 2011 review

I didn't watch much of the show, I only flipped to it to see some of the main awards win. The picks for the year have been pretty solid. The Social Network won Best Picture in a Drama, which is a very good movie if you haven't seen it yet. I picked it up on Blu-Ray this week in anticipation with the award season, and figured that it would take home the big prize, it has been winning a lot of Best Picture awards at different shows. The Social Network also won for Best Score, Best Screenplay, and Best Director. I am glad it won for Best Score, it was a very good score. My big disappointment was that Daft Punk wasn't nominated for their work in Tron Legacy, it was an excellent score, maybe they will at least get a nomination at the Academy Awards. One score that was nominated that was very good as well was Inception by Hans Zimmer. Speaking of Inception, the one award that I think should have gone to that movie was for Best Director, even though I think that David Fincher for The Social Network was a good choice, I think Christopher Nolan for Inception would have been a better choice, my opinion. Such a great movie. I watched the Blu-Ray version of Inception over the weekend, and it was glorious to watch, the picture and audio quality were top notch, an absolute must have. Other wins were The Kids Are All Right for Best Picture in a Musical or Comedy, I never saw the movie, so I can't make any judge call. Christian Bale won a Best Supporting Actor award for his work in The Fighter, which I heard was great. I am sure you can easily check out the rest of who won what on the Golden Globes website, but Oscar Nominations are up on January 25, which is next week. I will obviously be posting my thoughts on those.

As for any other news, not a whole lot to report, except that The Green Hornet was number one this weekend at the box office, haven't seen it yet, but planning to soon. Red comes out on Blu-Ray next week, which I am excited for, it was a very good movie. I will soon be posting a list of movies that will be arriving on Blu-Ray and DVD in the next few months.

No comments: