Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Hayao Miyazaki's 70th Birthday

This is late, but I figured I would share this anyway, mainly because this is one filmmaker that I really love, Hayao Miyazaki, for those who don't know who he is, he is an animator in Japan. The one work that you will more like be familiar with is Spirited Away, it won Best Animated Feature at the Academy Awards in 2003. He has a great line of features that he made, like Princess Mononoke, Howl's Moving Castle, Ponyo (which was released in the US in 2009), Nausicaa, and My Neighbor Totoro. I highly recommend checking out his works. In fact, Nausicaa will arrive on Blu-Ray March 8. He also founded Studio Ghibli, which is an animation studio in Japan, like Walt Disney over here, in fact, almost all the films that were made over there have been released here, with a few more on the way. Check them out.

No comments: