Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Updates

It's been a while since I have written on this blog. Yes, since then I have seen a few movies. I got to see Surrogates, which I highly recommend if you haven't seen it yet. I also have seen The Invention of Lying, which is one I don't recommend, yes there were some moments that were funny, in fact the first 30 minutes, I was laughing a lot, but overall it was a disappointment.

There were a lot of DVD and Blu-Ray releases recently. I got to watch both State of Play and X-Men: Wolverine on Blu-Ray, and they both have excellent picture quality, and both have really good sound quality. Oh yeah, I also recently purchased Labyrinth and The Dark Crystal on Blu-Ray. I watched Labyrinth all the way through, and the picture quality is great for a movie that was released in the 80s, I was really impressed by how it looked, and the sound was also great. Also, I watched about 20 minutes of The Dark Crystal, and the picture looks great as well, and it also sounds good too.

Yesterday, Land of the Lost, Drag Me to Hell, and The Proposal arrived on DVD and Blu-Ray. I recommend checking out The Proposal if you haven't already, a really funny movie. Land of the Lost is worth a rental, I found it to be funny, really stupid, but because it was stupid, it was funny, of course it is a little crude. I haven't seen Drag Me to Hell, I'm not a real fan of horror movies. Next week, Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen arrives on DVD and Blu-Ray. I read one review of the Blu-Ray, and the quality is suppose to be amazing for it, so I would recommend at least renting the Blu-Ray if you are looking for really good demo reference quality. I can't wait to see how Star Trek looks on Blu-Ray when it arrives next month.

2 comments:

Yvonne said...

I'm looking forward to Star Trek.

I think with what you said about "Land of the Lost" maybe it's not worth a recommendation ; )

ShEiLa said...

I look forward to seeing The Proposal... It is coming to me from NetFlix. I can't wait.

I thought that seeing Land of the Lost might wreck my childhood love of the Saturday morning show... from back in the day.

Thanks for the updates.

ToOdLeS.