Monday, October 26, 2009

Saw has been beaten

Wow, I don't know how many years a Saw movie has been number one their first weekend at the box office, but this is probably the first time in a while it isn't. Saw was actually beaten by a movie that has been slowly growing, it's called Paranormal Activity. You may have heard something about it, it is like another Blair Witch Project movie. It's about a couple that move into a new home, and the woman fears there has been some unseen thing following her, so the man buys a video camera to catch things that go on at night when they try to sleep. If you check out the trailer, you can get a good idea of why it can be rather creepy. But there you go, you don't need to spend millions of dollars to make a blockbuster, this movie was made for about $15,000.

By the way, I have checked out the Blu-Ray for Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen. It is very good quality, excellent picture and sound, if you are looking for a particular scene you want to show off on Blu-Ray, I would say the Forest Battle scene. November and December should be exciting for DVD and Blu-Ray releases. Anyone who has an HDTV, time to upgrade to Blu-Ray.

Oh yeah, almost forgot, I saw Where the Wild Things Are this past week. I love the movie. Was it a little different than I was expecting, yes it was, but it was a very good movie in the end, I really loved the story and it hits some rather important points. If you haven't checked it out, I recommend doing so.

1 comment:

Yvonne said...

Still need to go and see Where the Wild Things Are.

Frankly I'm glad Saw got beat!!!!