Thursday, November 5, 2009

It's Christmas Time Again

Well, almost Christmas anyway, we are getting a Christmas movie this Friday. A Christmas Carol arrives in theaters, which stars Jim Carrey, and it's directed by Robert Zemicks who also did The Polar Express a few years ago. It should be a good movie. It is suppose to be released in 3D, but I am sure that you can find some theaters that only have it in 2D if you want.

There are some other movies coming out this weekend, I am sure you probably really haven't noticed them. One is called The Box, which stars Cameron Diaz. Another that looks interesting is The Fourth Kind, it is about alien abduction, it mixes a narrative story with some camcorder footage. Speaking of movies using camcorder footage, Paranormal Activity has made quite a bit of money the last couple of weeks, the amazing part is that it was only made for $15,000, and has made a lot more than that.

As far as Blu-Ray and DVD go, a couple of days ago saw the release of GI Joe: The Rise of Cobra, which was released less than three months ago in theaters. Next week, we will see the release of Up on Blu-Ray and DVD, I recommend getting the Blu-Ray because it also includes a DVD version because when you get a Blu-Ray player soon, you already have a Blu-Ray movie to show off, which is one I have already heard looks great. In two weeks, Star Trek makes it. I am really excited for that one, I have already pre-ordered the Blu-Ray version and can't wait to watch it.

1 comment:

Yvonne said...

Not sure how I feel about The Christmas Carol, but I will probably go ahead and see it. The Box looks interesting--will wait to hear reviews.

Obviously, I'm looking forward to New Moon.