Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince review


I will start off by stating that I am not a Harry Potter fan. For me, I have seen the movies once in theaters, and then I usually don't seem them the whole way through again. However, they have always been fun to watch and I enjoy going and seeing these movies. But none of the movies have made me go, "Man, I can't wait for the next one." Well, after this one ending, I found myself saying that. This one was the probably the darkest Harry Potter movie to date, I could be wrong since I haven't really seen the others ones for a while, but I was a little surprised to see the film go back to a regular PG rating instead of a PG-13, when it didn't at all feel like a regular PG. Nonetheless, it was really great. I found myself enjoying the movie and really eager to see what happened next. Besides it being the darkest Harry Potter, I could also come to the conclusion this is the best Harry Potter film to date. I highly recommend it, and I am sure there are some of you out there that will be going tonight.

In preparation for the new film, I watched the first one with some friends last night, well sort of. We had a little commentary track going along with it from Riff Trax. Riff Trax is a group of three guys that watch certain movies and with them record some funny comments to go along with the film, if you want to see for yourselves, follow the link and you can view samples. It was actually pretty funny.

1 comment:

Yvonne said...

I'm anxious to see it.