Friday, December 3, 2010

December update

I thought of going through a few things about this month to start it off. First off, go see Tangled, it is a great movie, I really enjoyed it, bring your whole family. There were plenty of laughs, and also a very well done story. I highly recommend it. As well, if you haven't seen Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, go see it for sure, it is great. The only killer part is having to wait a bit for the next one, in about a week and a half, we only have to wait seven months till the next one hits the big screen. Those are the big ones to go see right now. This month will have a few releases that seem very promising. Next week, there is Chronicles of Narnia: Voyage of the Dawn Treader, looks good and I will go see it, there is also The Tourist starring Angelina Jolie and Johnny Depp, haven't really seen any advertisements for it, will need to watch a trailer for it, but could be good. The Fighter will also have a limited release, which stars Mark Wahlberg and Christian Bale, looks great and should be up for many Academy Awards. There is also The Tempest, a new version based on William Shakespeare's final play. The following week we will see the release of Tron Legacy, I have gone through it in my last post so I don't see the need to go through it again here except this is one movie I am really looking forward to, read my previous post to see what I wrote. Another release is Yogi Bear, I am sure there will be families that might appreciate the movie, I never really got into the cartoon. The next week being Christmas, there will be the release of Gulliver's Travels, a new version of a classic tale starring Jack Black, I don't know what to say about this, maybe it could be good. Another one is True Grit, it is a remake of a movie back in the late 60s, I am excited for this, it looks great, directed by the Coen Brothers. Then there is Little Fockers, the second sequel to the Meet the Parents series, I really didn't care much about the first movie, never stuck out to me, and never bothered to see the second, so I probably won't really bother seeing this new one. There are probably some other movies that will hit the big screen this month, but these are the ones that stick out.

The home entertainment will have many big releases this month, see one of my previous posts for the big schedule, but next Tuesday we see the release of Inception on Blu-Ray, which will be exciting, especially since that will allow us to rewatch the movie and try to find the things that we missed in theaters, and also get into the extra features to try to figure out certain things. Yes, that is exciting.

I also want to bring up a soundtrack that comes out on Tuesday, Tron Legacy, the reason I bring it up is because it is one of the most hyped soundtracks this year which is done by Daft Punk, and reading the reviews, it sounds like they did a fantastic job with the score, I also brought it up in my last post, with a link where you can listen to samples from the soundtrack. Speaking of soundtracks, other soundtracks that you should check out this year that I have listened to are Inception, How to Train Your Dragon, and Social Network. The soundtrack to Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World is another fun mention, if you like crazy rock music. There are many other soundtracks that came out this year that I am sure are great. One that was an import from Japan was the soundtrack to Evangelion 2.0, which I thought was excellent. I also listened to The Last Airbender, wasn't a great movie, huge disappointment, but the music wasn't too bad. Music can really do a lot to help create the mood of a movie, it is usually one of the elements that always sticks out when I remember a movie, besides the visual or characters. I really enjoy listening to soundtracks to a movie, a lot of my CDs that I have are soundtracks. Music is great, I wonder what our world would be like without music.

1 comment:

Yvonne said...

Loved Harry Potter. Hopefully will get to see Tangled.

Saw a preview the other night for Tron Legacy--actually looks pretty good.

Curious about the Johnny Depp/Angelina Jolie movie--just wish it was someone else besides her.

You are so right about music--IT MAKES SUCH A DIFFERENCE.