Monday, July 12, 2010

July update

Here with my recent update. Let me start off with the movie recommendations. Knight and Day, totally funny, unfortunately it didn't too well at the box office, which is unfortunate, as I found it to be a very good movie, and totally worth checking out. Another one that was very good and very funny was Despicable Me. Just a ton of moments where you bust out laughing. Grown Ups is also pretty funny, there were quite a few of those moments in the movie where you laugh pretty good. As for ones that you should avoid (yes, there are a couple of those) first off, Jonah Hex, nothing really good about it, the story just felt pointless, and my figuring was a movie that was only about 80 minutes long would have a lot more action sequences, there weren't very many in it, felt like it just had a ton of pointless moments, just overall not a good movie. The other one was one I bragged about wanting to see, The Last Airbender, I would like to see M. Night Shyamalan make a good movie, but unfortunately this wasn't a very good movie. The sad part was that it had potential to be a good movie, the set designs were good, but unfortunately the acting was terrible, the script had a ton of issues, a huge letdown, especially for Avatar fans. I haven't seen Eclipse or Predators, but I have heard Predators was pretty good, and I am sure Twilight fans enjoyed Eclipse.

As far as Blu-Ray and DVD releases go, there is Percy Jackson that came out a couple of weeks ago. I can't think of any other big releases that have made, nothing very exciting at the moment. I will share one movie that I found on Blu-Ray that came from Hong Kong, being a movie that was released from Japan, called Evangelion 2.22 You Can (Not) Advance. I saw Evangelion 1.0 You Are Not Alone earlier this year, and I thought it was a great movie, while Evangelion 2 is not available in the United States yet, I found a website that was selling a Hong Kong import on Blu-Ray with English subtitles and could play on region A Blu-Ray players, I decided to get it. While the first one was great, I found the new one amazing, very well done. The Blu-Ray was also in great condition, very good video and great sound. In fact, I am very excited for Evangelion 3.0 Quickening when that is released, which hopefully will be soon. The Evangelion movies are remakes of the anime series Neon Genesis Evangelion that was released years ago. There are suppose to be four movies being released. As far as other Blu-Ray movies I discovered, I got a live concert of Kings of Leon that was performed last year, as I am about to see their concert next week, I decided to see how good they were, and they performed very good. The Blu-Ray was also in very good condition. I will soon have to go through a bunch of Blu-Ray releases within the last while and give you a good idea of what to look for as demo worthy material in your home theater, or just great movies overall.

As far as movies arriving soon. Look for The Sorcerer's Apprentice this Wednesday, and then on Friday, Inception will arrive in theaters, which is Christopher Nolan's (The Dark Knight) newest film, reviews so far have been excellent for the movie, I will share with you my review on the film once I see it.

2 comments:

Zach Kircher said...

Hey dude. My name is Zach and I love movies too. I also love reviews, so I'll be checking up on your blog every time you post something up, and I also plan to write reviews, starting with Despicable Me which I am seeing tomorrow.

I saw Knight and Day on July 2, and I had a lot of fun, but yeah I thought it was torn down by cliches. Due to all of the negative reception from both fans and critics, I no longer have interest in The Last Airbender, although I will go see Eclipse because I have heard from many that it's better than its predecessors (which of course sucked). I won't see The Sorcerer's Apprentice because it looks like another run-of-the-mill Disney action film booming with CGI and bad acting, so yeah.

Inception is a definite yes for me though. It looks intriguing and intense, and I love every film that Christopher Nolan has conjured up, so I shall see that ASAP. A review will also be posted.

Looking forward to that review of Inception! Later! :)

Yvonne said...

I do hope I get a chance to see Knight and Day before it's gone from the theaters.

I think I'll wait and go see Despicable Me with dad when I get home. I have heard such great things about it.

Eclipse was very good.

Thanks.