Monday, June 21, 2010

Toy Story 3 review



I thought I would give you an update has arrived and what to expect the rest of the month, but first I would like to share with you with one really big surprise hit. Toy Story 3, it has been 11 years since Toy Story 2 hit the big screen. We have been given the opportunity to watch Toy Story 1 and 2 in 3D last October. I am sure there was a bit of doubt that they could pull off another Toy Story, and questions came up since Pixar has been making many great and wonderful original stories like Wall-E and Up, so why make a sequel to a great franchise, well, there was definitely one more great story to tell for the Toy Story franchise, about a kid who has grown up and is making one big move in his life, start college. So one of the big questions that comes up by his mom, "What are you going to do with these old toys?" Obviously Andy has out grown his play time and isn't into playing with toys anymore, and now all the toys are questioning what will happen to them, will they get thrown away, or what. I really don't want to ruin the movie for any of you, I am sure you all know that they end up at Sunnyside Daycare, and eventually they realize they need to get out of there, which of course is difficult. I will admit it was rather intense, especially for a family movie, but how they pulled it off was amazing, plus it had a ton of emotion to it. I am probably close to calling this the best out of the Toy Story movies, that's how great it is. You do not want to miss this one.

As for other recommendations, you should check out A-Team, it is a very fun movie to watch, with plenty of action and humor. Just a great movie overall. Another good one is The Karate Kid, I will admit that I do have my little problems with it, like the fact it almost felt like the first movie all over again, with little changes here and there, but honestly, all the little problems I had with it didn't really affect my overall opinion of the movie, I thought it was still a good movie, and I would recommend checking it out. Another movie that came out this weekend was called Jonah Hex, if you heard about it, I am sure you heard nothing great about it and the fact that it bombed at the box office.

As for what is coming out the rest of this month, expect Knight and Day this Wednesday, yes, I am really excited to see it, it looks like it should be a fun summer flick. We will also get Grown Ups this Friday, which looks pretty funny. Then next Wednesday, Twilight fans will be lined up for Eclipse. This has so far been a very solid month for movies, of course the rest of the month will determine if that's the case.

Of course we have July next with many different movies to expect, The Last Airbender will kick off the month and the Fourth of July weekend, along with Eclipse. Then July 9, we can expect Predators and Despicable Me, which looks funny. The following weekend, July 16, look for The Sorcerer's Apprentice with Nicolas Cage (should be a really fun movie) and then we will also get Inception, stars Leonardo DiCaprio and a bunch of other big name stars, and the director is Christopher Nolan (from The Dark Knight two years ago), so I expect this to be a huge hit, there is a lot of curiosity from watching the trailer, and the story seems so original, I am very excited to see it. So July looks to be a big month, I will go through more on July in a future post.

1 comment:

Yvonne said...

So, that answers my questions about if you liked Toy Story 3--I'm looking forward to seeing it now.

I'm also looking forward to Knight and Day--even though I'm not a big Tom Cruise fan anymore.