Friday, December 18, 2009

Avatar Review


Just got back from watching Avatar. And yes, I watched it in 3D. I felt the best way to watch this movie was to view it the way that James Cameron made it to be viewed, which was in 3D. Was it worth it, YES. Even if you don't see it in 3D, is it still a good movie, absolutely. It's amazing to think how much 3D technology has changed in the last while. I still remember going to see Spy Kids 3D back in 2003, I really didn't care for it, and the 3D effect was incredibly annoying to watch, not easy to focus, for 3D glasses, we were given these red and blue glasses that we would wear, difficult to watch. In 2007, I went to go see The Nightmare Before Christmas in 3D, it was originally made back in 1993, but they converted it for 3D, and it wasn't super amazing, but it was still good to watch, but also I really enjoyed the movie. They have done many movies in 3D this year, some of the ones I saw were Up, Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs, and Christmas Carol. The thing that makes 3D good is that it makes everything look more real. This movie was totally one of those where everything looked real, and was totally a great experience. The only drawback to the 3D, especially if you can't always handle watching it, is that it is a long movie and having glasses on for that long can be hard, and trying to adjust afterwards can be a little interesting. But it was worth it, and I would love to watch it in 3D again, and I totally want to watch it again in either 3D or 2D. The performances were great, I really like Sam Worthington, I think he is a really good actor, Zoe Saldana was superb (she has been in Star Trek, Pirates of the Caribbean 1, Guess Who), Sigourney Weaver was also great, as well as everyone else. I highly recommend this movie, and this is one of those that you should see on the big screen.

In other news, there have been a handful of trailers that have come out this week. There is one for Iron Man 2, Alice In Wonderland, Shrek 4, and Clash of the Titans. I am looking forward to next year, should be great. I am excited for Iron Man 2.

2 comments:

Yvonne said...

You have me ALMOST sold on seeing it in 3D. We thought about going to see it last night but just know we'll be seeing it with you while you're here.

Anonymous said...

Add it to my movie top ten list, if you think it earned a place.
amdcsthoughts.blogspot.com is the URL