Thursday, December 17, 2009

Invictus Review

Sorry I haven't updated for a while, I have been getting through finals and the end of the semester. Well, because I finished all of my finals tonight, I decided to celebrate and go see Invictus. It was a really good movie. Morgan Freeman plays a recently elected president in South Africa and he is trying to help build the nation up, and he finds the rugby team that represents South Africa is one way to help bring the nation together. Everyone gives really good performances, including Morgan Freeman. In fact, he has received a Golden Globe nomination for his performance. I highly recommend the movie. Also, if you want to see the list of the Golden Globe nominations, click here.

Another movie that I recommend is Fantastic Mr. Fox. It is a very different movie than what we normally watch, but I found the movie to be very enjoyable. If you like stop motion animation, or are looking for something that different, then you will enjoy this movie. Another one I recommend if you enjoyed all of the classic Disney movies like Little Mermaid or Aladdin, is Princess and the Frog. It was a very enjoyable film, and brought back a lot of good memories of the old Disney musical cartoons.

This weekend, we see the release of one movie we have heard about the last few years. I first heard about it back in January 2007, it is Avatar. Of course I have been really more excited for it recently with all the trailers they have been showing. You will be able to find it in either 3D or 2D, for those who can handle the 3D, apparently this is one movie that must be watched in 3D, so I plan to check that out tomorrow. I will let you know what I think when I see it. Another option to consider for it as well, IMAX 3D.

The other movie coming out tomorrow that looks good is Did You Hear About the Morgans. You have some good choices this weekend. This fall and winter have had some pretty solid movies to go see, which is good, and hopefully these next two weekends bring us some more good ones. Sherlock Holmes should be amazing. We will find out. I will also give a review of this year soon.

1 comment:

Yvonne said...

Glad you liked Invictus.

I'm looking forward to Avatar, too.

Thanks for the recommendations.

See you tomorrow.