Friday, November 20, 2009

Thanksgiving Approaching

First of all, I saw 2012 this week, and I have to say that it was pretty good. It was the typical disaster movie, you see plenty of stuff get destroyed, and a group of people trying to save the human race. The special effects were really good. My big complaint was that it was a little too long, but luckily they did a pretty good job at pacing it. I recommend checking it out.

Well, Twilight fans (no, I am not one), New Moon is out this weekend. I was working at the midnight premiere last night, and it was rather crazy to see everyone get excited for it. I always find it fun when you have a good series with a lot of fans that are willing to wait in line for hours to get in to watch a movie that starts at midnight. I remember doing that a couple of times many years ago, I went to Star Wars Episode 2: Attack of the Clones, and Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers. I never dressed in costume or anything, but more with Star Wars, it was fun to cheer with everyone at certain parts, like Yoda fighting Count Dooku. I have had a lot of these fun experiences lately by working at the movie theater, like last year we had The Dark Knight, which was fun to see everyone get excited for it. Also this year, I worked the midnight shift of Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince, which was also really fun. One of the funny thing to see people do these days when waiting in line for hours is to bring their laptop and watch an older entry in the series, for example last night I saw girls bring their laptop and watch Twilight, the first one. So yeah, midnight showings are actually fun, and I think are worth being a part of if you ever get the chance.

Also this weekend, we get Planet 51 and Blindside. Planet 51 takes the idea of a human landing on an alien world, and meeting all these aliens. Blindside stars Sandra Bullock, and she takes in this big kid from high school who really doesn't have a home and helps him out. That one looks really good. I'll be checking that one out soon. Next weekend we see the release of Old Dogs, which looks like it should be a funny movie.

As well, Star Trek arrived on Blu-Ray this week, and I of course got it. It looks excellent on Blu-Ray, and sounds excellent as well, so anyone with Blu-Ray, buy it on that format. As for Blu-Rays, a lot of them when they are first released are not too expensive to buy, if you get on bestbuy.com, you can see some of them priced at $20, which isn't too bad, so I would say that anyone with Blu-Ray should start buying their new movies on Blu-Ray, now replacing your DVDs with Blu-Rays, that's a decision that is up to you.

1 comment:

Yvonne said...

Saw 2012 last night and thought it was pretty good. The special effects were amazing.

Loved New Moon, so much better than Twilight.

Looking forward to seeing Blindside--which is based on a true story.

I wonder if Bestbuy on-line here has Blue Rays at that price???