Saturday, April 18, 2009

State of Play review

Last night, I was able to see State of Play. I thought it was very well done. Performances were very good. There were also plenty of twists where you had to keep focus on what was going on. If you haven't heard of it, it stars Russell Crowe and Ben Affleck. Russell Crowe is part of a newspaper company that works on a story that involves a murder that has taken place. I won't go into too much detail, but I highly recommend it.

Also, I don't know if any of you have heard of a DVD player from ClearPlay. ClearPlay is a company that makes "filters" for a DVD player, so it is programmed for specific movies with high sexual content or high foul language, or very bloody violence, and it knows when to skip them. So I have been using the DVD player from ClearPlay, and rented a few movies to have the offensive content skipped. I have seen Wanted, Slumdog Millionaire, How to Lose Friends and Alienate People, and The Terminator, with this device. I will be watching Terminator 2 soon. But it is amazing what technology can do these days.

1 comment:

yvonne said...

I enjoyed the movie, too.

I appreciate modern technology.