Monday, March 9, 2009

New this week


There are some new DVDs arriving in store tomorrow. First of all, Pinocchio arrives on DVD and Blu-Ray. Walt Disney's second animated feature arrives with digitally restored picture and sound, this will be the best that Pinocchio has ever looked, I have read some reviews on the Blu-Ray version of Pinocchio and all reviewers have agreed that it looks absolutely amazing, especially for a 70 year old film. There are also plenty of extras to go through from what I have heard. Anyway, it is on my must own list tomorrow. I will be buying the Blu-Ray version of course, and once I watch it I will let you know my own opinion. By the way, I have said this before, but I want to notify you all that the Blu-Ray version also comes with a DVD copy of the movie. This is for those who are planning to buy a Blu-Ray player soon, you can buy the Blu-Ray version of the film and that way you still have the DVD version to enjoy until you get the Blu-Ray player, then you can enjoy the movie in high definition without having to rebuy it. So, any of you looking at getting a Blu-Ray player in the near future, get the Blu-Ray version tomorrow. Also tomorrow, Transporter 3 arrives tomorrow on DVD and Blu-Ray. They are all fun movies to watch, so I recommend that fans of the Transporter movies check this one out. Also, the 4 Batman movies arrive on Blu-Ray in a boxed set tomorrow. Howard The Duck also makes it on DVD as well. There are also a bunch of other releases tomorrow, so check them out.

This weekend in theaters, Race to Witch Mountain makes it onto the big screen. It looks rather interesting and may be a fun movie to watch. By the way, I got to check out the new trailer for Pixar's Up which will arrive in theaters May 29, I am excited for it. So far, this looks like it will be a great summer for movies. Anyone that hasn't checked out the new trailers for what is arriving this summer, go find them, there are plenty of really good ones.

2 comments:

Neal said...

I'm totally buying that Blu-Ray. I will always buy classic Disney movies!!!

Yvonne said...

I guess that means I will be buying the blu-ray version. I can't wait.