Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Avatar: The Last Airbender



I keep talking about all the different movies out there, and there were times when I talk about DVD releases that I mention a couple of TV shows. I decided to go through a few TV shows this week that are favorites of mine. Keep in mind that a lot of the TV shows that I will talk about aren’t ones I usually watch off TV itself, I usually find them on DVD or on the internet.

The first one I want to talk about is Avatar: The Last Airbender. Figured this would be a good one to bring up because they are doing a film adaptation of this show, and it will be hitting theaters July 2. The show was found on Nickelodeon, and I believe it is still on Nicktoons, if you have trouble finding it on TV, you can easily find the season sets on DVD, there are three seasons. This show is about Aang, who is known as the Avatar, who is suppose to bring balance to a world that is in darkness. This world is divided into four different tribes, water, earth, fire, and air. Each tribe can control one of these elements, for example, people of the water tribe can control water. The Avatar, however, can control all of the elements. The show starts off with a couple of kids in the water tribe that discover a boy in a big iceberg, they free him and he turns out to be the Avatar who had disappeared 100 years before, and they follow Aang on a journey to help him learn all of the different elements so he can face the Firelord, the leader of the Fire Nation who is taking over the whole world, and bring balance back into the world. What I really like about the show, besides a lot of the cool animation, is that it has a great story to it, and each episode has a great moral to it. Definitely something that I believe is worth checking out.

By the way, you can find the trailer for The Last Airbender movie by following this link. Looks promising, but I will have to wait till the movie arrives. The trailer can also be seen before Percy Jackson and the Olympians: The Lightning Thief. I haven't seen any of the new offerings yet, but this weekend Valentine's Day was number one making a total of $66 million throughout the long weekend. Of course, Avatar is still running strong, it is now standing at $661 million, impressive. Shutter Island arrives in theaters this weekend, and not much of anything else this week. Next weekend, Cop Out comes out in theaters as well, and then the following week we will see the release of Alice in Wonderland.

2 comments:

Yvonne said...

I haven't heard of that TV show.

I enjoyed Valentines Day.

warrioRR said...

it is on tv too