Wednesday, September 9, 2009

9 review


As you are now aware, the summer season is officially over. Now we head into the Fall season, in hopes for some good blockbusters coming up. Well, All About Steve came out last weekend, I haven't seen it yet, but it does look funny, and I have had some people say it's good. But I did get to catch 9 this afternoon. This movie has been advertised since Christmas of last year, so we have had 9 months to build hype for this movie, and it came out today, being 9/9/09, obviously no coincidence, but well thought out marketing. I was really impressed with it. The movie is about a group of 9 stitched up little robots who must stop the machines that have destroyed mankind. The visuals were amazing. A unique style to the film. I highly recommend it. Just so you know, that it is a dark movie.

So you know, there is a soundtrack for the movie, and it includes the song that has played on the trailers, which is "Welcome Home" by Coheed and Combria. The rest of it is the score to the movie, which I found enjoyable.

And also, this movie is based on a short that was released 4 years ago. It was also done by Shane Acker, who directed this movie. You can find the short by following this link.

2 comments:

Neal said...

I don't know when...but I can't wait to see this film!

Yvonne said...

Great review.