Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Recommended Blu-Rays

Well, I have been part of the Blu-Ray family for about half a year. I thought that I would give you all some of my recommendations for the Blu-Ray format, whether you are new, or whether you have had the format for a while.

-The Dark Knight: I don't think this is a big brainer, because I have bragged about this for a long time now, especially when Christmas hit last year. The picture and sound are amazing, especially the picture, which contains sequences that were shot in the IMAX format. This is one that should be added.

-Transformers: Awesome movie, awesome Blu-Ray. Especially with the new movie in theaters now, it would make sense to re-experience the first movie, and what a better way to experience it than in Blu-Ray.

-Pirates of the Caribbean; Curse of the Black Pearl: My older brother recommended this to me when I first entered the Blu-Ray world. I had this one on DVD, but was willing to pick up this one. I was blown away by how amazing the picture was. And of course, the sound is excellent as well.

-Planet Earth: This one will totally blow you away. The picture is absolutely amazing. So much detail, and a great way to experience Earth from home.

-Quantum of Solace: I think this is an amazing sound demo if you are looking for those. The picture is also really good too.

-Pinocchio: A movie that was released 70 years ago, it's not that easy to tell when you watch this movie on Blu-Ray, the picture looks amazing. They did an excellent job of cleaning up the picture.

-Kung Fu Panda: This was a funny animated picture, looks great on Blu-Ray.

There are a lot of great releases on Blu-Ray out there. For those of you that have a Blu-Ray player, what else have you seen on the format that has blown you away?

2 comments:

Yvonne said...

We'll have to watch Pinochio. Not sure what else to get, but I sure appreciate the list.

Anonymous said...

cazare delta dunarii, cazare sulina