Tuesday, March 18, 2008

New DVD Releases

Sorry I haven't posted on here for a while, I have been pretty busy. Well, as a usual Tuesday, there are new DVD releases. They have a pretty good batch of releases today. One of them is I Am Legend, which stars Will Smith as the last person on earth. I caught this movie at the theaters when it was released on December 14, and I actually enjoyed it, it is a little different than I thought it would be, but nonetheless it was well done. There are multiple versions of the release, the widescreen and fullscreen single disc DVD editions, a two disc special edition dvd that includes an alternate version of the movie that is four minutes longer with an alternate ending, and of course the Blu-Ray version.

Also today, Enchanted arrives on DVD and Blu-Ray. I don't know how many of you caught it when it came out in theaters, but it was a rather cleaver and charming movie. It sort of makes fun of the old Disney fairy tale movies like Snow White and Sleeping Beauty. I give credit to James Marsden as Prince Edward, who does a good job at playing his character. There are other releases as well.

Also, if any of you have an HD-DVD player, Best Buy is currently having a sale of all their HD-DVD movies. HD-DVD is still a pretty good format, and even though it is a dead format now, you have a great opportunity to take advantage of good sales, almost the same price as regular DVDs. As for anyone who doesn't have an HD-DVD player, don't worry, there will be good sales for Blu-Ray in the future.

1 comment:

yvonne said...

I bought Enchanted and I really enjoy it.