Thursday, May 30, 2019

Big surprise, Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance trailer arrives

As you are all aware, I am a fan of The Dark Crystal, the world created for that movie has always fascinated me, and I have enjoyed revisiting it over the years. I have also been reading the sequel comic book series and also started reading the prequel novels. So yeah I have been furthering the world more recently. I have been looking forward to the Netflix series Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance for a while now, and I have been awaiting for information on the series, images, anything. I got on Facebook this morning and I found the poster, and it was a jaw dropping poster.

I figured with the drop of the poster we would get a trailer soon, figured maybe tomorrow, but I got on YouTube shortly afterwards and found the trailer, I immediately checked it out and I was blown away by how gorgeous and amazing the trailer is. I saw photos that helped establish how close the feel is to the original. I figured they would get the feel right and that it would be good, didn’t know that it would be this spectacular. I didn’t take into account how the technology had advanced. The imagery was beautiful and the creation of the puppets are amazing and I really like how with this series they are using practical work to make this possible instead of relying solely on digital, I love digital work but there is always something special with practical effects, altogether I was simply blown away. Waiting for three months for this to arrive will be tough but it will be worth it.

No comments: