Monday, March 15, 2010

Alice in Wonderland, 3D HDTV and Blu-Ray

First off, we have passed the Oscar season, and The Hurt Locker won the main prize. It was a pretty good movie, I ended up watching it a couple of days after, they did a pretty good job with it. There were some fun moments during the show, Ben Stiller was great when he came forth looking like one of the Na'vi from Avatar.

I saw Alice in Wonderland last week, and it was a really good movie. Very entertaining, and of course has caught the public's attention. I recommend seeing, whether you see it 3D or not, it is a fun movie to watch.

Now I wish to talk about 3D. As you may be aware, this month they will be releasing 3D HDTVs and 3D Blu-Ray players, I found them on display at Best Buy today, they looked kind of cool, but I will have to wait they get an actual 3D Blu-Ray disc, as they were playing Up (which was released in theaters in 3D, but on Blu-Ray it was released in 2D), and could see a small difference, but not a very dramatic difference as I have seen in theaters. It is cool to see them bringing the 3D technology to the home, but it will be a while for me to adopt this technology. I am sure there are many that feel the same way as I do. It will definitely be cool when they release Avatar on 3D Blu-Ray.

As far as DVDs and Blu-Rays are concerned, you can find The Blind Side and Fantastic Mr. Fox next week in stores, as well as Toy Story 1 and 2 on Blu-Ray. This week has The Princess and the Frog, and on Saturday, Twilight fans will probably want to make a stop at the store for New Moon. Oh yeah, look for Sherlock Holmes on March 30. I have picked up a few Blu-Ray movies lately. Where the Wild Things are looks great on Blu-Ray, and sounds really good. I also got Ponyo and Evangelion 1.11, I will have to give Ponyo a look at very soon, but Evangelion looks and sounds great. One more note on Blind Side, and I believe Sherlock Holmes will have a Blu-Ray and DVD combo set, so you can get them on Blu-Ray, and even though you may not have a Blu-Ray player yet, you have a DVD copy to watch till you actually get a Blu-Ray player. Oh yeah, Armageddon comes out on Blu-Ray at the end of April, I am excited. There is also going to be a lot of old movies that will make it to Blu-Ray this year besides new ones, like movies done by Steven Spielberg, so figure out the ones you really want the most and save money for those ones.

1 comment:

Yvonne said...

I still have to get to Alice.