Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Happy Halloween

For DVDs this week, we get Journey to the Center of the Earth 3D, and the DVD actually contains the 3D version, and 4 glasses to watch it in that format. I have not checked out the DVD for myself, but I found the movie enjoyable. The other big movie that came out is a direct to DVD release called Tinkerbell. The little fairy from Peter Pan gets her own movie. Haven't seen it but might be decent for the family to watch, but I would recommend checking out Journey to the Center of the Earth. Any old movies to check out, I just watched the movie Clue, it is a very old movie based on the board game. I got a good laugh out of it.

As well, being Halloween, here are a few movies to watch if you want to watch something that night. There are your usual slasher films, but I am not into those. I would recommend watching Nightmare Before Christmas, you can get it on DVD, or maybe you can head to the theater and watch it in 3D. If you don't care for 3D, just pick it up, it is a good movie, plus it is a movie you can watch again when Christmas comes. There are suspensful movies like Sixth Sense and Signs. You can get a few laughs with Gremlins. I also recently watched a rather weird movie done by Disney in the early 80s, Watcher in the Woods. Another good one to get some laughs is Hocus Pocus. I am sure you can find plenty of movies to watch on Halloween that fit the bill.

Movies in the theater this weekend are too big, but next weekend look for Madagascar 2. November is packed along with December. I will go through them as they come out.

1 comment:

yvonne said...

I still remember watching Arachnophobia one Halloween--I'm not a spider fan and it gave me the creeps. There are lots of good, creepy Halloween movies.